Re: What does FD Mean

    Gunnar> I would not like to remove the expressive option of stating
    Gunnar> '-' as a synonym to "below all other options".

We are in agreement.
However, I think Adrian has made a point that there are some non-obvious
consequences if you don't fully rank a ballot.
For example, failing to rank  FD has effects you may not intend.
1----2 is more likely to be intended than 1-----
Both are valid votes.
And yeah, I've intentionally ranked FD the same as something else
before.

But I think you are less likely to confuse yourself if you rank
everything.
So my preference would be to:

1) Recommend people rank everything

2) Continune to specify what happens if they don't.

3) Continue to accept ballots if they do not.