Re: What does FD Mean

    Adrian> My suggestion would help people to make full use of their
    Adrian> vote by forcing them to rank all options.

    Adrian> Equal ranking is still possible, it would not remove your
    Adrian> freedom to rank any number of options equally.

I'd support revising the instructions to recommend that voters rank all
options on the ballot.

I don't support mandating it.
If someone doesn't rank an option I'd rather accept a ballot than reject
it.
If someone wrote a patch to warn people if they sent in a not fully
ranked ballot, I'd also support that.
I just prefer to accept as many votes as we can rather than
disenfranchising people.
But I agree that fully ranking the ballot is likely to avoid surprises.

--Sam