Re: Re: What does FD Mean

Hey Adrian,

> When looking at the tally of the latest systemd vote,[1]
> there are plenty of votes like
>   1-------
>
> It is obvious what these voters wanted to express,
> and that their ballot was wrongly filled due to a
> lack of understanding how our voting system works.

That's really interesting.

Maybe we should cobble up a GUI tool to download & correctly fill out
& sign & email a ballot? Instead of numbering items (which requires
knowing how to count) people could drag them into an order, etc. This
would allow inactive or non-uploading DDs, ones who can't manage (or
can't be arsed) to fill out and gpg-sign a ballot, to express their
valuable opinions. It could look for the right key using the
devscripts mechanisms, like ~/.devscripts DEBSIGN_KEYID and
environment variables and such. Maybe check if any available private
keys appear on the Debian keyring. That way people who haven't needed
their key in years could still vote.

(Not sure if joking.)

--Barak.