Re: Call for votes on «Statement regarding Richard Stallman's readmission to the FSF board»

On Fri, Apr 02, 2021 at 09:53:30AM -0600, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> Kurt Roeckx dijo [Fri, Apr 02, 2021 at 09:29:06AM +0200]:
> > On Fri, Apr 02, 2021 at 01:06:49AM -0600, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> > > Dear Debian Project Secretary,
> > >
> > > Given the DPL authorized a shortened discussion period, and that, while
> > > said discussion period allowed for a wide range of voting choices to
> > > be accepted in the ballots, the tone of the discussion is highly
> > > confrontational and I judge we will not gain any further insights or
> > > wordings merely by giving it more time.
> > >
> > > So, by following the Debian constitution (A.2), as a sponsor for one
> > > of the amendments, I call for a vote, and ask you to draft the
> > > corresponding ballot.
> >
> > Please suggest names and maybe an order of the options.
>
> Better done with the morning coffee than late at night :-)
>
> I suggest the following options and ordering to appear on the ballot:
>
> [A] Call for the FSF board removal, as in rms-open-letter.github.io
>     (proposed by Steve Langasek, currently base proposal)
>
> [B] Call for Stallman's resignation from FSF all bodies
>     (proposed by Sruthi Chandran, currently proposal B)
>
> [C] Discurage collaboration with the FSF while Stallman is in a leading position
>     (proposed by Santiago Ruano Rincón, currently proposal C)
>
> [D] Call on the FSF to further its governance processes
>     (proposed by Jonathan Wiltshire, currently proposal D)
>
> [E] Debian will not issue a public statement on this issue
>     (proposed by Timo Weingärtner, currently proposal E)
>
> [F] Support Stallman's reinstatement, as in rms-support-letter.github.io
>     (proposed by Timo Weingärtner, currently proposal A)

I've committed this to the webpage. The ballot will probably look
like:
[   ] Choice 1: Call for the FSF board removal, as in rms-open-letter.github.io
[   ] Choice 2: Call for Stallman's resignation from all FSF bodies
[   ] Choice 3: Discourage collaboration with the FSF while Stallman is in a leading position
[   ] Choice 4: Call on the FSF to further its governance processes
[   ] Choice 5: Support Stallman's reinstatement, as in rms-support-letter.github.io
[   ] Choice 6: Debian will not issue a public statement on this issue
[   ] Choice 7: Further Discussion

Kurt