Re: "rms-open-letter" GR choice 2: sign https://rms-support-letter.github.io/

Le vendredi 02 avril 2021 à 08:56:33+0200, Kurt Roeckx a écrit :
> On Thu, Apr 01, 2021 at 09:11:29PM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> > Phil Morrell <debian@emorrp1.name> writes:
> >
> > > Do the additional proposals made in that week mean the discussion period
> > > has automatically been extended? Is the Secretary simply being pragmatic
> > > here, executing discretion before announcing the start of the voting
> > > period? Or perhaps the DPL has likely requested another alteration?
> >
> > Debian constitution A.2:
> >
> > 1. The proposer or a sponsor of a motion or an amendment may call for a
> >    vote, providing that the minimum discussion period (if any) has
> >    elapsed.
> >
> > 2. The proposer or any sponsor of a resolution may call for a vote on that
> >    resolution and all related amendments.
> >
> > The vote does not automatically commence after the end of the discussion
> > period.  Someone who is a proposer or sponsor has to explicitly call for
> > it.
>
> There is also this in 4.2:
>     4. The minimum discussion period is 2 weeks, but may be varied by up
>        to 1 week by the Project Leader. The Project Leader has a casting
>        vote. There is a quorum of 3Q.
>
> The DPL changed the minimum time for the discussion period to 1 week.
> The discussion period is over when a vote is called.

Not to wreck havoc, but there also is in A.2:

4. The minimum discussion period is counted from the time the last formal
amendment was accepted, or since the whole resolution was proposed if no
amendments have been proposed and accepted.

So I guess since you acccepted the last amendment on March the 31st,,
we're up to the 7th April before the vote may be called for.

Am I wrong?

--
Pierre-Elliott Bécue
GPG: 9AE0 4D98 6400 E3B6 7528  F493 0D44 2664 1949 74E2