Re: Call for votes on «Statement regarding Richard Stallman's readmission to the FSF board»

Kurt Roeckx dijo [Fri, Apr 02, 2021 at 09:29:06AM +0200]:
> On Fri, Apr 02, 2021 at 01:06:49AM -0600, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> > Dear Debian Project Secretary,
> >
> > Given the DPL authorized a shortened discussion period, and that, while
> > said discussion period allowed for a wide range of voting choices to
> > be accepted in the ballots, the tone of the discussion is highly
> > confrontational and I judge we will not gain any further insights or
> > wordings merely by giving it more time.
> >
> > So, by following the Debian constitution (A.2), as a sponsor for one
> > of the amendments, I call for a vote, and ask you to draft the
> > corresponding ballot.
>
> Please suggest names and maybe an order of the options.

Better done with the morning coffee than late at night :-)

I suggest the following options and ordering to appear on the ballot:

[A] Call for the FSF board removal, as in rms-open-letter.github.io
    (proposed by Steve Langasek, currently base proposal)

[B] Call for Stallman's resignation from FSF all bodies
    (proposed by Sruthi Chandran, currently proposal B)

[C] Discurage collaboration with the FSF while Stallman is in a leading position
    (proposed by Santiago Ruano Rincón, currently proposal C)

[D] Call on the FSF to further its governance processes
    (proposed by Jonathan Wiltshire, currently proposal D)

[E] Debian will not issue a public statement on this issue
    (proposed by Timo Weingärtner, currently proposal E)

[F] Support Stallman's reinstatement, as in rms-support-letter.github.io
    (proposed by Timo Weingärtner, currently proposal A)

My reasoning for this suggested ordering is to present the options
ordered, from most strongly against to most strongly in support of
Stallman. They could also be presented in the inverse order, if it
seems that proposed options [E] and [F] are too underrepresented and
left to the endto the end.