Re: Amendment to RMS/FSF GR: Option 5

On 4/2/21 16:56, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
On Fri, Apr 02, 2021 at 03:49:04PM +0200, Zlatan Todoric wrote:
On 4/2/21 09:20, Craig Sanders wrote:
TEXT OF OPTION 5
----------------

Debian refuses to participate in and denounces the witch-hunt against Richard
Stallman, the Free Software Foundation, and the members of the board of the
Free Software Foundation.

----------------

I sincerely think debian-vote should be read-only for non-DDs because this
person is not a DD (afaict) and is just polluting our list with such
non-sense.

Zlatan, it is clear that you disagree with Craig's mail, but that is no
reason attack him personally as you have done.
Attack? I stated that he is (afaict) not a DD. He used 'witch-hunt" term, which is just a pollution of the list. People throwing random words from past with no connection to present doesn't give me any hope that they mean good nor that they think about their actions.

There was already a reply by Jess with a link to Craig's NM entry.
However, it doesn't tell the whole story, since the NM site can only
tell the story as far back as its database goes.
That entry showed nothing on my search (dev since 1970...)

According to your NM page you have been a DD since 2016 (that is the
date listed for your DD application being completed).  As far as Craig,
the debian-keyring package changelog contains this entry:

debian-keyring (1998.09.27) unstable; urgency=low

   * Mon Sep  7 14:13:23 EDT 1998: [PGP/IG]  Updated the key of Dima Barsky
   * Thu Sep 10 18:10:03 EDT 1998: [PGP/IG]  Added the key of Craig Sanders

So, to summarize: when you became a Debian Developer, Craig had already
been a Debian Developer for about 18 years.
Okay, that is an amazing feat, still not good enough to throw tantrums around with "witch-hunt". Women in past were burnt alive on stakes, so stop with extreme rhetoric when some expresses that they had it enough with sexist behavior.