Re: Cancel "culture" is a threat to Debian

Le jeudi 01 avril 2021 à 10:46:16-0400, Roberto C. Sánchez a écrit :
> On Thu, Apr 01, 2021 at 04:39:05PM +0200, Pierre-Elliott Bécue wrote:
> >
> > Your statement tends to show likewise. My guess is that you tend to also
> > look for the bad thing that is neither written or implied.
> >
> I was not looking for anything.  The responses simply stood out as quite
> possibly threatening, especially to someone who has felt hurt in a
> particular instance as this.

I agree it could be seen as threatening, but it was motivated by a reply
I consider really inappropriate. When someone asks me to stop doing
something, I either state clearly that I refuse for $reason, or I agree
and stop. Replying "Or?" in a provocative manner is not ok.

Anyway, my point is that we should avoid to consider that any request
like that is a threat.

> No matter, I'll discontinue my participation.  Perhaps others will try
> to help.
>
> I would make to you the same suggestion I made to Sergey: perhaps leave
> the thread alone and enjoy your weekend.
>
> Regards,

It's plausible that I'll stop sooner rather than later.

--
Pierre-Elliott Bécue
GPG: 9AE0 4D98 6400 E3B6 7528  F493 0D44 2664 1949 74E2