Re: Renaming the FTP Masters

On 16314 March 1977, Thomas Goirand wrote:

Wrong wrong wrong ... we're "project members" ... don't you remember? :)
Just like AH is now CT. (Gosh, DMT TLA...)

This shows that it will take years, if not decades, for the rename to
ever be effective (if the person(s) in charge decide(s) it...).

Well.
To rename just the team itself - minutes.
To be effective in terms of us mere humans using the new term, years to decades. To actually adjust all the resources around it ("sub"team names, unix roles, host (aliases), mail, directory structures, database roles, BTS pseudopackage, dput targets, all the code) may be faster, but a huge work with lots of breakage possibilities, not all of which solveable as simple as "then have the old name stay for a while as cname".

And that is just from our view of things and we aren't yet sure we are complete on that. There are a trillion and two external dependencies on many of the above that take extra work and ages on top of that.

--
bye, Joerg