Re: Renaming the FTP Masters

Hi,

Mattia Rizzolo <mattia@debian.org> wrote on 06/11/2021 at 00:31:04+0100:
> If I was given the question: would you like to get rid of the word
> "master" because it reminds somebody of slavery, my answer would be
> NO. (Incidentally, I have similar thoughts about blacklist/whitelist
> and similar SJW crap) In fact, depending how the ballots are worded, I
> might just even vote against this specific proposal.

I feel about the same.

That being said, the name is indeed outdated, and "Debian Archive Team"
sounds quite nice.

> But I do support this stance.
> I'd love to see something like GRs used way way more often, if only
> the process was much lighter in bureaucracy

I agree, more GR is not necessarily bad. It would be in the current
situation because it's a lot of work for the process to happen, but in
general collecting a project-members-wide opinion if and when possible
sounds quite nice.

PEB