Re: Renaming the FTP Masters

Just dropping my 2cents:

On Sat, 6 Nov 2021, 12:09 am Felix Lechner, <felix.lechner@lease-up.com> wrote:
On Fri, Nov 5, 2021 at 2:45 PM Joerg Jaspert <joerg@debian.org> wrote:

> I am pretty sure that was a 100% calculated move
> to go directly to this.

It was impromptu. The mail was intentional only in the sense that I
hoped to find a topic to unite people. (Who likes slavery, anway?)

If I was given the question: would you like to get rid of the word "master" because it reminds somebody of slavery, my answer would be NO.
(Incidentally, I have similar thoughts about blacklist/whitelist and similar SJW crap)
In fact, depending how the ballots are worded, I might just even vote against this specific proposal.

Let's lose the fear of referendums. Our fellow contributors are our
trusted partners in this noble endeavor!

But I do support this stance.
I'd love to see something like GRs used way way more often, if only the process was much lighter in bureaucracy 🤐