Re: Renaming the FTP Masters

On Thu 2021-11-11 07:56:24 -0500, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
> 1/ The assertion "we all can acknowledge is confused and outdated" is
>    far fom the case.  This and other discussions on the matter are
>    strong evidence that "we can all acknowledge" is a
>    mischaracterization.

I'm legitimately surprised to hear that anyone in the Debian project
believes that the term "FTP master" is *not* confused and outdated.

There is some subset of people who think that "master" is confused and
outdated.

There is another subset of people who think that "FTP" is confused and
outdated.

Some of us are in the intersection of those subsets.

I had expected the union of those sets to be congruent with the entire
project membership, thus i would have thought everyone would be able to
get behind a rename of the team in accordance with the wishes of the
team members themselves.

Live and learn, I guess.  You've made it pretty clear that you're not in
the "master" subset.  But I'm surprised to hear that you also are not in
the "FTP" subset.

On the off chance that you *are* in the "FTP" subset, i encourage you
re-read my earlier postscript in that light.

This is my last message on this thread.

    --dkg