Re: Renaming the FTP Masters

I feel that the benefits and costs estimate are just made up numbers.

I'd like to know if there exists a person in the whole world that would refuse to cooperate with Debian because of the FTP master name. My totally made up answer is no. But I could of course be totally wrong.

Best

Il gio 11 nov 2021, 20:48 Felix Lechner <felix.lechner@lease-up.com> ha scritto:
Hi,

On Thu, Nov 11, 2021 at 10:28 AM Bdale Garbee <bdale@gag.com> wrote:

> being a good
> citizen of a community like Debian means *not* side-stepping such
> responsibilities.

No sweat. How about the following?

$500,000 Value of friendly and up-to-date team names [1]
$200,000 Cost of implementation [2]
--------
$300,000 Net benefit to Debian

Please consider, however, that no individual opinion—and especially
not mine—can stand for the group's preferences. As the proposer, I am
biased. Why argue?

> the workload you
> may be imposing on others by taking something to a project-level vote

Voting is a right. [3] Advocates help with the process. The project
imposes decisions by approving or rejecting resolutions. [4]

Kind regards
Felix Lechner

[1] Recruiting 50 excess contributors over ten years, at a lifetime
contribution of $10,000 each.
[2] 2,000 hours of work at $100, a rate roughly in line with
https://www.debian.org/consultants/
[3] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_suffrage
[4] Section 2.1, https://www.debian.org/devel/constitution