Re: Renaming the FTP Masters

Hi,

> This is turning, yet again, into a "Germans debate German language
> issues" thread.

Please don't worry. Having started it, I will lead us out again.

> it's reasonable for Debian to judge "master of a slave" and
> "master of the package archive" completely differently.

Yes, it's reasonable, but it's not nice. This isn't even about
changing the colloquial use. I am asking for your vote to change an
official term. It is already outdated. The hope is to make Debian a
more welcoming place. It would be a gradual process, because change is
hard.

How much of a concession could it be? Does it feel like social
engineering, or like the drumbeat of the political left? It is
neither, although it would help if you felt that way. No one likes to
be commanded around—you don't, and neither did the slaves. See, you
have so much in common!

Either way, I am just asking for your vote. You can say no, and I
won't judge you for it. But I will say, please.

Kind regards
Felix Lechner