Re: Amendment to rms-open-letter GR

On Fri, Mar 26, 2021 at 01:02:43PM -0700, Sean Whitton wrote:
> Can I ask why you didn't call for the recall of all of the voting
> members rather than just the board?  It seems there are voting members
> who are not on the board?

Yeah, sure (as before: speaking only for myself). Because I thought that
the board/voting members distinction was a too obscure implementation
detail of the FSF bylaws that would have been lost on 99% of the letter
readership. On the other hand the notion of a decision making board is a
fairly common notion that most people who are even vaguely familiar with
any non-profit organization would understand.

Note also that requesting that all voting members resign is not a
verifiable demand, given that the list of such members is not publicly
known. But, again, this just an implementation detail for me. To be
respected, the spirit of the letter entails that the entire leadership
at FSF (board + voting members) resign, as a precondition to start
rebuilding trust in the organization.

Hope this explains,
Cheers
--
Stefano Zacchiroli . zack@upsilon.cc . upsilon.cc/zack . . o . . . o . o
Computer Science Professor . CTO Software Heritage . . . . . o . . . o o