Re: Willingness to share a position statement?

Steve McIntyre wrote:
> We *entirely* have the freedom to discriminate based on
> what people say and do around us. We're not a government.

So only governments should not discriminate people?

> Try a simple thought experiment: if you think that only the law (which
> country?) has any bearing here, is spam filtering allowed? Should we
> be allowed to block people from our mailing lists or BTS for sending
> lots of messages saying "Free Software is awful"?

You have the right to choose which mail messages you receive.
You haven't the right to choose which mail messages I send.
Can you see the difference?

Similarly, if you don't want to listen to me, you have the right to
walk away. You haven't the right to silence me.
If you don't want to work with me, you have the right to quit. You
haven't the right to get me fired.

Gerardo