Re: Willingness to share a position statement?

Hi,

On Thu, Mar 25, 2021 at 4:33 PM Adrian Bunk <bunk@debian.org> wrote:

> being expelled from an association can be
> contested in regular courts.

So can incitement to mayhem. What if a crazy person harms a targeted
individual after reading Debian's statement?

Alternatively, please consider libel: Debian probably has a nexus to
England, where the burden of proof for defamation is reversed.
Publishing such a strong statement is not wise.

Or, most significantly, what happens if a targeted person dies as a
result of the public shaming? The injured parties could end up owning
Debian.

I don't think those risks are worth taking—even we had liability
insurance. Should we just focus on getting the bullseye release out?

Kind regards
Felix Lechner