Re: Willingness to share a position statement?

On Fri, Mar 26, 2021 at 12:09:40AM +0200, Adrian Bunk wrote:
>On Thu, Mar 25, 2021 at 09:38:56PM +0000, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>> We *entirely* have the freedom to discriminate based on
>> what people say and do around us. We're not a government. We are *not*
>> in the situation where we *have* to support people saying things that we
>> believe to be bad, wrong and hurtful. It is *entirely* within our
>> rights to evaluate people by their words and actions and to decide
>> whether we wish to talk or work with them in future.
>
>You are saying companies should always have the right to fire employees
>if they join an union.

Not at all, please don't twist my words.

Unfortunately, there *are* many places around the world where
companies can do exactly that. There are many others where rights like
this are enshrined in other laws. Debian is not an employer here, so I
don't think your point is relevant?

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."
   -- Bertrand Russell