Re: Willingness to share a position statement?

On Thu, Mar 25, 2021 at 06:28:36PM -0400, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 25, 2021 at 10:20:33PM +0000, Steve McIntyre wrote:

> > >You are saying companies should always have the right to fire employees
> > >if they join an union.

> > Not at all, please don't twist my words.

> > Unfortunately, there *are* many places around the world where
> > companies can do exactly that. There are many others where rights like
> > this are enshrined in other laws. Debian is not an employer here, so I
> > don't think your point is relevant?

> I would hardly call it twisting your words.

> Either private individuals and entities have freedom of association, or
> they do not.  You can't have it both ways.

Freedom of association means the freedom to associate with who you chose to
and the freedom to *not associate with people you don't*.  It is an
infringement of the freedom of association of all other Debian developers if
we are not able to exclude someone based on the views they express and the
actions they take.

Labor rights are entirely different from "freedom of association".

Ubuntu Developer                                   https://www.debian.org/