Re: Willingness to share a position statement?

Isn't it funny how in threads discussing social justice there are always the same opinions coming from the same names, time and time again?

One or two more of the usual names and arguments and I fill my bingo card!

    From: Adam Borowski <kilobyte@angband.pl>

I'm also disgusted with such hatred towards the person who started the
whole "Free Software" thing, and personally did most of the work in the
early days.

Even if you feel this way as a private person, it would be improper to push
for the Debian Project to turn against our pioneer this way.

And, if you want to exclude the greatest hero we had, your calls for
"inclusivity" are a bold-faced lie.

    From: Gerardo Ballabio <gerardo.ballabio@gmail.com>

I am really worried about the increasing trend (not specific to
Debian) towards demanding that people who hold "dissenting" opinions
be removed from their positions, excluded from the public debate, and
even fired from their jobs, which if universally applied would make
them unable to earn a living. That is what dictatorial regimes do --
often while maintaining a facade of freedom: "Nobody is being
prevented from speaking, we're just making their life miserable
because we don't like what they're saying". That's exactly what's
happening with the current political correctness storm. Say one bad
word and your life might be ruined.

Just yesterday I happened to read this quotation (on a Debian mailing
list!). I believe it is very much to the point:
"Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves
exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves
only the unanimity of the graveyard. -- Justice Roberts in 319 U.S.
624 (1943)"

What happened to "I don't agree with what you're saying, but I'll give
my life to defend your right to say it"?

--
Martina Ferrari (Tina)