Re: How can we make Debian packaging more standardised?

Louis-Philippe Véronneau wrote on 19/03/2021:
Dear DPL candidates,

In becoming a DD, one of the main challenges I faced was the absence of
a standard way to package software in Debian.

/me not a candidate, just keeping on the tradition of jumping on interesting threads :-)

I just want to bring up again this blog post from Michael Stapelberg:

https://michael.stapelberg.ch/posts/2019-03-10-debian-winding-down/

I think that the lack of standardization and the fragmented infrastructure is in good part the root of most of the problems he outlined, as the "old infrastructure" ones are made difficult to fix by the fact that Debian notoriously supports infinite workflows, which makes introducing wide-scope changes very challenging.

Paride