Re: [draft] Cancel this year's in-person Debian Developers Conference DebConf20

On Tuesday, June 2, 2020 12:12:21 AM EDT Bdale Garbee wrote:
> Scott Kitterman <debian@kitterman.com> writes:
> > It's almost like this discussion about a GR was a premature waste of
> > everyone's time.
>
> It's also possible that discussion about a possible GR influenced the
> ultimate decision in a useful way.
>
> [shrug]

Sure, but doing business by threat of GR is a horrible way to run things.

What I would have hoped is that project members would trust the people that
they have (indirectly) delegated the responsibility to run Debconf to to do a
good job and only once there is something that's enough of a problem to
require a project wide decision to change their decision consider a GR.

There's enough to do to make the Debian project go that I don't think we need
to engage in project level micromanagement like this.

Scott K