Re: Question to Brian: Why do you need to be DPL to set up foundations?

On Fri, Mar 20, 2020 at 09:41:33AM +0100, Enrico Zini wrote:

>As an example of a voting options that I am considering ad that does not
>fit with your proposals above, I would very likely vote for you above
>NOTA for a pure DPL election, and I would very likely vote in favour of
>a GR option to create a Debian Foundation. I would however rank you
>below NOTA if you insisted in conflating the two, as I cannot endorse
>what I see as a misuse of our voting system. You would however
>incorrectly interpret my vote as a vote against the idea of a Debian
>Foundation, underestimating support for something you care about.

I hate to just say "me too" on a thread like this, but Enrico has
totally captured my thinking here.

"Me too".

"Further comment on how I feel about IBM will appear once I've worked out
 whether they're being malicious or incompetent. Capital letters are forecast."
 Matthew Garrett, http://www.livejournal.com/users/mjg59/30675.html