Re: Question to Brian: Why do you need to be DPL to set up foundations?

On Fri, Mar 20, 2020 at 7:45 AM Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 20, 2020 at 09:41:33AM +0100, Enrico Zini wrote:
> >
> >As an example of a voting options that I am considering ad that does not
> >fit with your proposals above, I would very likely vote for you above
> >NOTA for a pure DPL election, and I would very likely vote in favour of
> >a GR option to create a Debian Foundation. I would however rank you
> >below NOTA if you insisted in conflating the two, as I cannot endorse
> >what I see as a misuse of our voting system. You would however
> >incorrectly interpret my vote as a vote against the idea of a Debian
> >Foundation, underestimating support for something you care about.
>
> I hate to just say "me too" on a thread like this, but Enrico has
> totally captured my thinking here.
>
> "Me too".

Thank you both. I appreciate the feedback and understand that you will vote for
what you believe is best for the project. I am largely running to start setting
up Debian Foundations as a DPL. If you can support that, please vote for me. If
you don't want me to work on establishing these Foundations, or don't want me
to be DPL, rank others above me. I'll totally understand. DPL elections are
what they are.

Cheers,
Brian