Re: Question to all: Outreach

On 2020/03/19 14:00, Sam Hartman wrote:

>     Jonathan> On 2020/03/19 12:39, Paul Wise wrote:
>     >> On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 9:54 AM Jonathan Carter wrote:
>     >>
>     >>> My honest answer? Yes, it would be nice if all the delegates
>     >>> could be project members, I understand your concern, but often
>     >>> it's best to be willing to work with people who are willing to
>     >>> do the work.
>     >>>
>     >>> I would suggest some minimal vetting for outsiders who become
>     >>> delegates, for example, just like when someone gets access to
>     >>> Debian machines have to agree to the DMUP, delegates should
>     >>> agree to uphold our community standards (like the CoC for
>     >>> example).
>     >>
>     >> I think if we can trust them to be delegates then we can trust
>     >> them to be Debian project members. For most potential delegates
>     >> who aren't yet members, I assume the non-uploading DD process
>     >> would be minimal enough.
>
>     Jonathan> For sure, going through the non-uploading DD process
>     Jonathan> should remain a bare minimum for someone who wants to
>     Jonathan> become a project member.
>

> You seem to be dodging the question a bit.
> Paul is talking about the link between delegate and member.
> You are focusing about the link between non-uploading process and
> member.
> I realize it's convenient to focus on that link because it's the side of
> the equation that is less controversial, but it isn't really the area
> Paul and Enrico have been asking about.

I re-read the above, my understanding is that Paul made a statement
about the non-dd process being sufficient for new delegates that should
become members, and then I agreed and re-affirmed that that should be at
least the bare minimum. I'm still not sure which question you think I
dodged, but if either you or Paul could perhaps rephrase the question
that I missed, then I'll give it another shot.

-Jonathan

--
  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) <jcc>
  ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  https://wiki.debian.org/highvoltage