Re: Question to all: Outreach

Speaking as an individual.

    Jonathan> On 2020/03/19 12:39, Paul Wise wrote:
    >> On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 9:54 AM Jonathan Carter wrote:
    >>
    >>> My honest answer? Yes, it would be nice if all the delegates
    >>> could be project members, I understand your concern, but often
    >>> it's best to be willing to work with people who are willing to
    >>> do the work.
    >>>
    >>> I would suggest some minimal vetting for outsiders who become
    >>> delegates, for example, just like when someone gets access to
    >>> Debian machines have to agree to the DMUP, delegates should
    >>> agree to uphold our community standards (like the CoC for
    >>> example).
    >>
    >> I think if we can trust them to be delegates then we can trust
    >> them to be Debian project members. For most potential delegates
    >> who aren't yet members, I assume the non-uploading DD process
    >> would be minimal enough.

    Jonathan> For sure, going through the non-uploading DD process
    Jonathan> should remain a bare minimum for someone who wants to
    Jonathan> become a project member.

You seem to be dodging the question a bit.
Paul is talking about the link between delegate and member.
You are focusing about the link between non-uploading process and
member.
I realize it's convenient to focus on that link because it's the side of
the equation that is less controversial, but it isn't really the area
Paul and Enrico have been asking about.