Re: Question to all: Outreach

@JPA,

On 18.03.20 12:01, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> On 3/18/20 10:58 AM, Jonathan Carter wrote:

> Why is it fair to support a woman in a rich first-world country but not
> the poor boy in the streets of Delhi?

Quoting Outreachy:

"We expressly invite women (both cis and trans), trans men, and
genderqueer people to apply. We also expressly invite applications from
residents and nationals of the United States of any gender who are
Black/African American, Hispanic/Latin@, Native American/American
Indian, Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian, or Pacific Islander. Anyone who
faces under-representation, systemic bias, or discrimination in the
technology industry of their country is invited to apply."

To take your example, we can extrapolate the last sentence of this quote
to imply that people from untouchable castes are explicitly invited to
apply.

Ulrike