Re: Proposal to overturn init systems premature GR

Jonas Smedegaard <jonas@jones.dk> writes:
> Quoting Russ Allbery (2019-12-03 19:19:50)

>> Does anyone truly believe that another round of wordsmithing or changes
>> to statements of principles will change a lot of opinions or votes this
>> deep into this discussion?

> Evidently someone truly believes there is need for another round.

I probably didn't express this well enough, but the reason why I was using
the phrasing that I did was to ask Ian and Matthew to think about whether
the work that they were planning on doing is as important as it seemed at
first glance.

Maybe they'll think about it some more and conclude that indeed it is and
I'm wrong.  But it's easy to get caught up in a plan and then to feel
frustrated and treated poorly when that plan is derailed, even though
that's not quite the same as being relatively certain that the work was
important and needed to happen as planned.