Re: Proposal: Reaffirm our commitment to support portability and multiple implementations

Guillem Jover <guillem@debian.org> writes:

> I think the current GR is incorrectly framing the problem at hand,
> as if it was just an init system selection.

This resonates with me, but...

> I'm thus proposing the following:

I find this really appealing as a higher-level statement of values and
intent, but unfortunately, I don't think the text does anything to help
resolve the problems that Sam set out to try and tackle with this GR.

I therefore find myself unwilling to second it, even though on some
level I would really like to.

Bdale