Re: Proposal: Reaffirm our commitment to support portability and multiple implementations

Guillem Jover <guillem@debian.org> writes:

> I'm thus proposing the following:

> ----X<----
> Title: Reaffirm our commitment to support portability and multiple implementations

Should this be on the ballot, I will vote it below FD because it provides
essentially no guidance to how to resolve the concrete Policy problems
that are my primary concern in this GR.

This resolution would make Policy's job even more difficult than it
already is.  It says a lot of wonderful-sounding things, but it makes all
of the practical and community problems facing Debian even worse by
refusing to provide any clarity.  It's essentially equivalent to just
voting for Further Discussion, except that it adds a very vague position
statement for all sides to beat each other over the head with ("you're not
welcoming the integration of diverse technologies" vs. "you're not willing
to put in the effort required").