Re: Choice Hartmans1a

[2019-11-21 13:58] Sam Hartman <hartmans@debian.org>
> Choice hartmans1A: Init deversity is Important and NMUable
> [...]

> Developers may
> perform non-maintainer uploads to fix these bugs.

As was already pointed, this is useless. Developers already can NMU any
bug.

> modification of Policy to adopt systemd facilities instead of
> existing approaches is discouraged unless an equivalent implementation
> of that facility is available for other init systems.

What is "discouraged"? Who and how decides when discouraged behaviour is
acceptable? I think, should this option win, scrimishes and lawyering
will continue.
--
Note, that I send and fetch email in batch, once in a few days.
Please, mention in body of your reply when you add or remove recepients.