Re: Should I withdraw choice hartmans1?

Sam Hartman writes ("Should I withdraw choice hartmans1?"):
> By this point we have a group of people who have consistently seconded
> options that promote init diversity.
> That is, we have a group of people who have gotten behind specific
> options.
>
> I'd like to ask especially those people whether choice hartmans1 should
> be removed from the ballot.  Within limits, I think more options is
> better, so my general preference would be to keep the option.  However
> especially if that option is sene as a distraction by the init diversity
> proponents, that could be a significant concern.
>
> At one point Dmitry expressed a preference for removing that option, but
> I don't think I've gotten feedback from others who have seconded (or
> proposed) the diversity options now on the ballot.

I am putting Dmitry and his other seconders in the To field of this
mail to draw their attention to this question.

My personal opinion:

I seconded Dmitry's proposal because I felt it should be on the
ballot.  I would vote Dmitry's option ahead of hartmans1.

I think the title "Affirm Init Diversity" for hartmans1 is rather
misleading.  hartmans1 seems to legitimise uncontrolled adoption of
non-daemon-startup systemd features; in this sense it is weaker even
than my compromise proposal.

Someone who is fully committed to init diversity should definitely
vote Dmitry's ahead of hartmans1.  I am not sure whether they should
vote vote even my compromise proposal ahead of hartmans1.  I'm in
discussions with some strong init diversity advocates about their
motives, to understand that better.

Ian.