Re: Draft text on Init Systems GR

Dmitry Bogatov writes ("Draft text on Init Systems GR"):
> So, here is my rewording, much simplier and shorter.
>
> 	Choice 1: Affirm Init Diversity
>
> 	Being able to run Debian systems with init systems other than
> 	systemd continues to be value for the project. Package not
> 	working with pid1 != systemd is RC bug, unless it was designed
> 	by upstream to work exclusively with systemd.
>
> 	Missing init script for package with daemon is RC bug.

We should clearly have something very simple like this on the ballot.
I would strongly prefer this to some other plausible outcomes.

However, I very much doubt that would command majority support.
I think we can find a way to give everyone something tolerable.
(elogind just migrated to testing.)

> Also, I second introduction of "crash everything, systemd is the only
> way to bright future" option. It would be curious to see numbers.

We should have something very simple like that on the ballot if there
is anyone who would put it first and wants to put their name to it.

Ian.