Re: Draft text on Init Systems GR

[2019-11-14 17:15] Ian Jackson <ijackson@chiark.greenend.org.uk>
> Dmitry Bogatov writes ("Draft text on Init Systems GR"):
> > 	Choice 1: Affirm Init Diversity
> >
> > 	Being able to run Debian systems with init systems other than
> > 	systemd continues to be value for the project. Package not
> > 	working with pid1 != systemd is RC bug, unless it was designed
> > 	by upstream to work exclusively with systemd.

> We should clearly have something very simple like this on the ballot.
> I would strongly prefer this to some other plausible outcomes.

> However, I very much doubt that would command majority support.  I
> think we can find a way to give everyone something tolerable.
> (elogind just migrated to testing.)

What do you mean "something tolerable"? In my opinion, my wording,
should it win, will protect 1300 daemons and their init scripts. I do
not see how you can relax wording without endangering this goal.
--
Note, that I send and fetch email in batch, once in a few days.
Please, mention in body of your reply when you add or remove recepients.