Re: having public irc logs?

Dear Gianfranco,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

> we don't have a public irc log system, and most of the
> conversations between us are happening there.

Personally, I wouldn't say "most conversations" here, but I am
trying to avoid this conversation becoming a debate on the minutiæ…

I would concede that that there are some advantages to having public
IRC logging, but I don't see anywhere near enough advantage to warrant
the Leader pushing it as a policy, as well as many disadvantages and,
naturally, an extremely high switching cost.

This is despite me veing very much in favour of asking questions in
public — which admittedly isn't exactly same as logging — even going
so far as to write a blog post about it:

  https://chris-lamb.co.uk/posts/dont-ask-your-questions-in-private

Did you have specific types of conversations in mind when you addressed
your question? Perhaps ensuring those become transparent in another way
would assuage your concerns.

Regards,

--
      ,''`.