Re: Proposed GR: Repeal the 2005 vote for declassification of the debian-private mailing list

On Fri, 2016-09-16 at 06:51 +0000, Anthony Towns wrote:

> It is obviously okay for anyone who posted to disclose what they
> wrote
> to -private at any point; maybe a feasible and interesting starting
> point would be a service that let's people easily disclose their own
> old mails to -private.

Unfortunately not the case. One might well have written something that,
while not directly quoting a previous mail, refers to its content in a
manner that would not be acceptable - e.g. "AJ, you say that you agree
that X should not be accepted as a DD, but..."

Were it not for the fact that your axiom is fatally flawed, I would
like your idea :)

Cheers,

Nick
--
Nick Phillips / nick.phillips@otago.ac.nz / 03 479 4195
# These statements are mine, not those of the University of Otago