Re: Proposed GR: Repeal the 2005 vote for declassification of the debian-private mailing list

On Thu, Sep 01, 2016 at 11:15:05PM -0500, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> 1. The 2005 General Resolution titled "Declassification of debian-private
>    list archives" is repealed.

If we're going to have another discussion and vote about this, I
think it might be good to vote with a full spectrum of choices on the
ballot.

* Keep debian-private as is. No change to declassification. (This is
  effectively FD, except it doesn't invite more talk about this.)

* Close debian-private entirely.

* Close debian-private, but add a debian-vac list instead.

* Forbid any declassification.

* Allow declassification, ask DPL to find a team by date X to
  work out a declassification process and vote on that. If no team
  can be found, fall back on forbidding declassification.

* Same, except ask tech-ctte to work out the process.

* Allow selective declassification by giving access to a team of
  external experts (historians, anthropologists, social scientists,
  etc) to select parts of -private archives and in parallel use one of
  the above methods to decide on a process to actually declassify the
  parts that get selected as interesting.

* Build a bot that randomly picks messages and asks their authors of
  messages if they can be declassified.

* Whatever else people come up.

(I don't expect to participate in this GR further. I might vote.)

--
I want to build worthwhile things that might last. --joeyh