Re: Legitimate exercise of our constitutional decision-making processes [Was, Re: Tentative summary of the amendments]

On Wed, Oct 29, 2014, at 20:03, Matthias Urlichs wrote:
> And if that happens with journald, I fully expect that somebody will step
> up and provide a replacement implementation (either of the daemon, or the
> underpinnings it needs) that works without systemd-as-pid1. Just like
> systemd-shim.

Speaking with my Knot DNS hat - we have added support for journald
logging just because we can add additional information to the log line
information like the affected zone or type of service, and you can
filter the log for those logs after that.

And I don't really see that as a vendor lock-in, but simply a superior
implementation.

Ondřej
--
Ondřej Surý <ondrej@sury.org>