Re: Legitimate exercise of our constitutional decision-making processes [Was, Re: Tentative summary of the amendments]

Aigars Mahinovs writes ("Re: Legitimate exercise of our constitutional decision-making processes [Was, Re: Tentative summary of the amendments]"):
> This is an interesting insight. It also can be used to identify
> possible solutions for the current issue:
>
> * if we go the MTA/sh route, then we define lowest common denominator
> interface of an init system and only init systems providing that
> (possibly with a systemd-shim) can be init systems in the archive and
> also applications can only depend on presence of these particular
> interfaces;

That would be a fine resolution to the problem.

> With enough imagination it is possible to see the original GR proposal
> as implementing the first option in a obtuse way.

My GR proposal does not describe technical solutions.  That would be a
terrible idea in a GR.  The resolution sets out some consequences if
the technical problems are not resolved.

Ian.