Re: All DPL candidates: Debian assets

Hi Steve,

On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 01:03:31PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> Do you think it's appropriate for these organizers to use Debian's name in
> seeking local sponsorship without consulting the DPL?

Sorry for not being clearer, but no. I think that a central repository
and/or sponsors team is quite important to ensure that our sponsors
aren't being pestered by disparate people. Organisations already find
the concept of Debian's distributedness quite hard to grasp, so I think
that this contact point would be useful.

However, with the example of sprints, then it's certainly useful for
local sponsorship to happen. I'd like to ensure it's easy for people to
see if some sponsor is being handled by a central team, but that
shouldn't bind people to a requirement that all requests go through
there - rather that the central team should be kept in the loop.

I wouldn't want my employer to offer me the office for a weekend, but
then me having to ensure approval happens for Debian to use it.

Neil