Re: GR proposal: code of conduct

On Mon, 24 Feb 2014, Thijs Kinkhorst wrote:
> It may make sense to publish bans in-band in the medium where they
> apply as much as possible. ML bans are sent to a mailinglist, IRC bans
> can be viewed already via the IRC protocol; probably it would also
> make sense if bans on the web forum would also somehow be registered
> in the context of that forum.

Alternatively, I would be OK with a mailbox (say bans@debian.org) which
could be mailed by teams which enacted the bans.

It would be trivial to enact a IRC bot to handle this for IRC[1], and it
wouldn't be a huge deal for me as owner@bdo or listmaster@ldo to Cc:
bans to such an address instead of debian-private. [Anyone who actually
cared about bans could arrange to have a cronjob mail any new bans to
them.]

1: I sort of want this already for #debian on both OFTC and FN, but my
lack of copious free time has prevented me from even starting...

Religion is religion, however you wrap it, and like Quell says, a
preoccupation with the next world clearly signals an inability to cope
credibly with this one.
 -- Richard K. Morgan "Broken Angels" p65