Re: GR proposal: code of conduct

On Thu, 20 Feb 2014, Wouter Verhelst wrote:

Hi,

> Op donderdag 13 februari 2014 14:13:40 schreef Alexander Wirt:
> > On Thu, 13 Feb 2014, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> > > If indeed listmasters do object (which I don't think will be the case,
> > > but of course I can't read their minds), then obviously we'll need to
> > > work with them to fix that. Indeed, if what we propose is in line with
> > > what listmasters believe should be done, then this issue would be moot,
> > > anyway.
> >
> > in my case it is more the lack of time to dive into that process. I still
> > think we should comment it.
>
> Can you give me a reasonable time estimate? I want to push this forward, but I
> also do value your input.
>
> If there's no reply forthcoming from you, however, then these two goals are
> conflicting...
Sorry for being late. That morning I found the time to read the CoC in
detail. In that mail I speak primary for myself and not all listmasters. But
I collected some opinions from the others forehand, therefore I hope that
what I write is in line with the other listmasters.

I am quite happy with the CoC as it is, I just have a few
supplementary notes.

- the CoC, can only be an extension to our (lists.d.o) Coc [1], as there are
  missing the mail/list specific parts. I am also not that happy with having
  several documents with the name 'Code of Conduct', maybe we can find a
  solution somehow.

- I always found the netiquette [2] a very useful source, maybe we can add a
  link to it to the document.

- "The administrators will divulge any bans to all Debian Developers for
  review". I know that this is the case for lists.d.o now, but I never saw
  other anything from other services. Are _all_ other administrators of
  'Debian communication forums' aware of that change? If we go that way, we
  should probably move away from announcing them on -private and move to
  something else. Like an mbox on master, or something else (and in my eyes -
  non-public).

That's it from my side, I hope it was useful.

Thanks for your work

Alex - Debian Listmaster