Re: Next DPL election

On 14/02/14 at 13:29 +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Lucas Nussbaum writes ("Next DPL election"):
> > Of course, I don't want to discourage anyone from running in the DPL
> > election. I must admit that, personnally, I find the idea of a rather
> > quiet campaign quite appealing.
>
> In general we have managed to keep our DPL elections civilised,
> respectful and (I hope) not to damage relationships even between
> competing DPL candidates.  I think and hope we can continue that
> tradition.
>
> Or to put it another way, there is no problem with us having a choice
> of candidates to vote from.  Of course I would say that, not being one
> of those having to put the campaigning work in...

Sure. My point here is just that, if I optimize for my very own workload,
a quiet campaign is quite appealing. :)

But I fully agree with you that the DPL elections have been quite
civilized. I also think, as I wrote in the past, that DPL elections are
a great opportunity to have some kind of 'status check' of Debian, and
have some discussions about where we are all going. It's actually quite
sad that those discussions are mostly limited to DPL candidates [ some
people are participating in those discussions to, expressing their own
POV, but this is unfortunately marginal ].

Lucas