Re: Your opinion on Debian Maintainer status

Moray Allan <moray@sermisy.org>
> On 2013-03-18 12:45, Charles Plessy wrote:
> > Perhaps the candidates can comment on the fact that this already been
> > raised
> > last year
> >     http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2012/07/msg00716.html
>
> I didn't see this subthread at the time.
>
>  From reading it, I can't understand why no one who took the time to
> read it and reply took the time to fix the wiki.

Well, most email clients are pretty user-friendly but the wiki is not
very user-friendly.  It claims every page is an "Immutable Page" and
I though you can find me forgetting more than once that it changes if
one logs in - which isn't mentioned on http://wiki.debian.org/HelpContents

And I've not fixed that second page because apparently the login
details I have stored locally were not correct because apparently all
user passwords were reset and when I just tried to recover it, I got
told "Your token is invalid!" in nice friendly(!) red text with a big
red X.  I'm now asking debian-www and will keep moving it up, but
surely most people just go and do something more fun instead when they
get given a big red X?

So, I feel if someone doesn't understand why people point out the
wiki's bloopers without fixing them, they're not empathising with
users.  Even for stale old webwarts like me, the debian wiki feels
pretty strange and a bit hostile.  I wish I had the spare time to
improve it, but there's so much else to do first (after all, why
run for DPL rather than improve the wiki more? ;-) )

Hope that informs,