Re: Your opinion on Debian Maintainer status

On 16/03/13 at 22:13 +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Hello,
>
> while reviewing the vote that introduced the Debian Maintainer status
> in 2007 (http://www.debian.org/vote/2007/vote_003_tally.txt) I noticed
> that Lucas voted in favor and that Moray voted against it.
>
> Moray, why did you vote against? Does that still hold or did you change
> your mind in between?
>
> To all, what's your opinion on the DM status? Has it been effective?

Hi,

A lot has been said in this thread. Moray did a very good summary in
https://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2013/03/msg00200.html.

Regarding my own position: the DM status is a compromise, but I think
that it is a good compromise, that has been a success. I like the fact
that we can offer an official status to people who contribute to Debian
that can be obtained more easily and earlier than the DD status.

Lucas