Re: not being elected?

"Didier 'OdyX' Raboud" <odyx@debian.org> writes:

> As far as I'm concerned, I'm not voting between three distinct sets of
> proposals: as it's been apparent in other threads, there's quite a lot
> of overlap between the candidate platforms and their specific
> proposals. We are electing someone to stand in the DPL shoes: debating
> eachothers' proposals, views and stuff is obviously useful to decide,
> but at the end of the day, we can't all vote the three candidates
> equally. We're voting for concurrent persons, not concurrent proposals.

> So unless you end up being ranked below NOTA (which I certainly don't
> see happening for any of the three very good candidates), I wouldn't
> take "not being ranked first" as a dismissal of your ideas or proposals;
> and I'm surprised that you see it as such.

+1

In an ideal world, I'd like to see the ideas of all three candidates put
into practice.  By and large they don't contradict each other, and they
all sound pretty solid to me.  We can only elect one person, and that's
for a whole mix of qualifications that aren't just about their goals for
the project.  Please don't take selection of one person as lack of
approval for the ideas of another.