Re: [all candidates] vote time?

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 10:39:17PM +0300, Moray Allan wrote:
> It appears to me that some DPLs^Wpeople may merely be asking questions
> that they find interesting and would like to see discussed.  While
> it's nice to see these polite discussions of big issues for Debian, I
> would suggest that some of them might be better started on the
> specific relevant lists, with participation from more people than the
> DPL election candidates!

Speaking for myself only, I've certainly asked a couple of broad, maybe
"vision", questions, but certainly not because I'd merely like to see
them discussed. Rather, it's because I haven't found answers to them in
the candidates' platforms and my vote actually depends on how the
candidates will both answer and approach them.  I suspect others might
be approaching the campaigning period with similar expectations.

In fact, campaigning period has always been an occasion to discuss "big
issues", as you put it, and it would be sad to pass on the occasion.

On the other hand, I don't think anyone here has any specific "quality
of service" expectation. Campaigning period is rather long, and in my
experience its intensity decreases substantially over time. No one is
expecting you people to answer within the hour or the day. Take your
time, and enjoy the discussion!

Hugs,
Debian Project Leader . . . . . . @zack on identi.ca . . o o o . . . o .