[OT] flag RC-buggy packages to users of testing

[M-F-T set to 628835@bugs.debian.org, as I believe this is becoming OT]

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 12:17:29PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
[..]
> On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 3:30 AM, Moray Allan wrote:
[..]
> > Flag up RC bugs: To tackle things earlier in the cycle, perhaps we could
> > push use of some tools[1] that more actively flag up new RC-buggy packages
> > to users of testing?
>
> There is apt-listbugs but does that work for things like PackageKit or
> software-center?

software-center is unaware of apt-listbugs and PackageKit explicitly disables
it (because it otherwise hangs while apt-listbugs waits for console-based
input).

Two things need to happen:

- apt-listbugs design should be revised for invocation by programs (as opposed
  to manual/interactive invocation)

- high level package managers must learn how to interact with apt-listbugs

--
Every great idea is worthless without someone to do the work. --Neil Williams