Re: Gergely and Wouter: on the need of becoming a DPL

Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org> writes:

> I honestly don't see what more I could tell you, without making up
> examples. I do *not* want to do that, because that will always be
> contrived and missing the point.

> I've told you several times now what I plan to do as DPL: I intend to
> copy the things from Stefano's way of working that I think make sense
> (mostly in how he's done his communication), but I will focus less on
> procedures and more on the people that make up the project.

> What more do you want? There is nothing more to say than that.

The place where this disconnects for me is that it seems like much of your
platform is based on the idea of DPL as leader.  That you feel like the
DPL should be more dynamic and promote a vision.  But you don't seem to
have any specific vision, goals, or places where you want to lead, just an
(apparently kind of vague) feeling that the DPL should be more leaderly.

I had this disconnect the last time you ran too.  The idea of DPL as
leader was sort of interesting, but there didn't seem to be any meat under
it, which made me unsure that anything would actually come of it if you
were elected.

I'm interested in hearing what people who are running for DPL with a
vision want to do, but I want to know a bit more about what the vision is
in advance.  :)