Re: Comments on the constitution?

[Joey Hess]
> ... Would perhaps be to have people state that they are only
> interested in a pro-forma election. If there's a consensus that the
> current DPL is well respected and should continue, then we could skip
> strawman candidates, DPL platforms, Q&A sessions, etc. (If NOTA wins,
> the consensus was false and we have to try again.)

It sounds like all that is really needed is to make clear that, as a
developer body, we don't see anything wrong or unhealthy in an election
cycle where the incumbent is running unopposed.  As it is, sometimes
a developer self-nominates "because it would be a shame if there were
only 1 candidate".  If the sitting DPL is willing to go another year,
and nobody else stands for election, I don't think we should see it as
a sign of an unhealthy project, or try to correct it.
--
Peter Samuelson | org-tld!p12n!peter | http://p12n.org/